Part two of the series about the Rockywold Deephaven Camps commercial ice harvest on Squam Lake. Listen as General Manager, John Jurczynski and Assistant Manager, Ron Reynolds describe the history of the camp and detailed descriptions about how the ice is harvested, and why visitors protested when the association decided to upgrade the camps to electric refrigeration in the late 1960’s.
Part three of this series will be continued in 2017.
Part One: Part One Ice Harvest
All photography and video created and edited by Kathie Fife Photography.
Copyright ©Kathie Fife Photography
Check out Kathie’s Squam Ice Harvest feature in the January 2017 issue of New Hampshire Magazine.
Tear Sheets, Covers, and Awards
Fine Art Photography and Photo Galleries
- Fine Art Photography
- Web Photo Galleries
- Photo Documentaries
- Landscapes and Historic Villages
Brochures and Ads
- Edible White Mountains – Dining Guide Summer 2010
- NH Open Doors ad
- Canterbury Shaker Village ad for Artemis designed greeting cards [PDF 1 MB]
- Interpretive Trail Guide – Smart Tract, Northfield NH [PDF 1.1 MB]
- White Mountain National Forest Discovery Trail – Plant List and Guide
- White Mountain National Forest Discovery Trail – Map (draft) [PDF 89 KB)
- Boatsense Solutions business brochure [PDF 354 KB]
Publications and Newspapers
- Cover photography for 2010 NH Preservation Alliance Annual Report
- NHDES Innovative Land Use Planning Techniques
- Microcredit NH Artists Exchange Workshop postcard
- Concord Monitor
- Weirs Times article on maple sugaring – March 2007 [PDF 1.54 MB]
- 6th Eastern Old Growth Forest Conference [PDF 2.13 MB]